What to Expect This Year For Segerstrom Registration

A screenshot of Segerstrom’s counseling website, which
can be accessed here. Photo courtesy: Bushra Syed

A screenshot of Segerstrom’s counseling website, which can be accessed here. Photo courtesy: Bushra Syed

We’re nearing the end of February, which means it’s time to get ready for registration for the upcoming school year. Because of the pandemic, the enrollment process will be a little different this time around.

Last month, students saw orientation presentations for each grade level. Segerstrom juniors attended their orientation during Junior Conference, which was an event that took place on January 27 for eleventh-grade students to help prepare them for their steps after graduation. Sophomore students were shown their orientation presentation on February 8th and 9th, and they will have their in-house registration from March 8th to April 19th. Finally, freshman students are scheduled to attend registration from March 22nd to April 16th. They attended their orientation earlier this month on February 10th and 11th.

To register for the next year, students will be meeting with their counselors to confirm the student’s selected classes on the Course Requests page through their Aeries account. These one-on-one meetings are taking place during English classes and will determine what courses students will be taking for the 2021-2022 school year. Last Thursday was the deadline for choosing the classes that students wanted to take.

Registration will be looking different now, but this is temporary. As always, Segerstrom’s counselors are just an email away if students have any questions or would like to meet with them prior to registration.