Winter Fest preview

On Thursday, Janurary 19th, Segerstron ASB will be hosting the annual Winter Fest to celebrate the new season.

Image courtesy of Segerstrom ASB

Angie Martinez, Staff Writer, Copy Editor

As the second semester begins, Segerstrom High School will be welcoming the new season with Winter Fest on Thursday, January 19th from 5 to 8 P.M. on campus in the quad. Students and community members are encouraged to come and participate in the game booths hosted by different clubs.

Food sales will only be accepting cash and tickets must be bought to participate in game booths. 

Multiple clubs will be hosting a variety of games, merchandise, and food sales. The Friends of the Library will have a book knock-down game booth. Choir will be selling singing grams, KIWIN’S will host a goblet toss, Rainbow Jags will hold a ring toss, our school band will be providing glitter tattoos, and merchandise can be purchased by Color Guard.

Along with games, various food sales will be available on-site. Enjoy a bowl of orange chicken and chow mein brought to you by CSF, burgers provided by the Boys’ Soccer Team, popcorn from Colorguard, hot tamales from Link Crew, or treat yourself to a bowl of chicken alfredo from the LULAC club.

To wash down these tasty snacks, make your way to Key Club’s booth for some boba milk tea or visit Yearbook for water and soda.

If you’re craving something sweet, you’re in luck because clubs will also be selling various treats at Winter Fest. The Acappella Club will have hot chocolate and cookies, AVID will be selling champurrado, the Band will have chocolate-covered marshmallows, the Rainbow Jags will have cake pops, Boy’s Soccer will have Dippin Dots and candy, and donuts will be sold by the KIWIN’S.

Profits made from food and game sales will go to support their respective club. These funds will be used to finance future events, contribute to new equipment, and allow clubs to grow and continue working toward their efforts.