Senior Sendoff #Classof2023: Angie Martinez

Image courtesy of Angie Martinez

During her senior year, Angie Martinez served as a staff writer and copy editor for The Jag Journal.

Melanie Vargas, Senior Copy Editor

Angie Martinez is a hardworking, dedicated senior here at Segerstrom, a staff writer and copy editor for The Jag Journal. She has also carried out other positions, like photographer and filming. This is her first year in The Jag Journal. Angie has been a part of the Friends of the Library club since junior year and became president of the club this year. She has also participated in other clubs like NHS and CSF here on campus.

1.  What is/are your favorite memory(ies) of Segerstrom?

My favorite memories of Segerstrom were in class with my peers, working and talking together. 

2.  How has your high school experience at Segerstrom shaped your life?

Segerstrom helped me discover what I want in life and shaped me into the person I am today. 

3.  What are your plans after high school graduation?

After high school, I will participate in the SURF program at Cal State Fullerton during the summer before I start classes in the fall.

4.  What is one piece of advice you would give to an incoming freshman?

One piece of advice I would give to incoming freshmen is to join clubs imminently, some clubs offer rewards to long-time members so once you graduate you will be decorated with stoles and cords. Being in a club for a longer time also allows you to strengthen your connection with the other members and it’s a great way to make friends. I would also advise that once you are in a club to apply for leadership positions when you get the chance, these experiences look great on applications and are an amazing way to learn new skills. My final piece of advice is to start looking into colleges, even if you don’t know what you want to major in yet, it’s a good idea to have some in mind so once you do know what you want to pursue, you already have some options to choose from.