Senior Sendoff #Classof2023: Jacklyne Rivera

Image courtesy of Rodrigo Rivera

Jackie Rivera, who is a graduating senior this year, enjoys hanging out with her friends, working at Disneyland, and shopping.

Alondra Cifuentes, Editor-in-chief of Digital Media

After dedicating four years to The Jag Journal, Jacklyne Rivera is graduating high school. Rivera is a staff writer and was the first host of The Jag Journal podcast. Rivera is a fashionista; people love her style and are inspired by her. She has written reviews on shows and movies and given tips on people’s fashion sense. Rivera is described as fun-loving, kind, and adventurous. She has two brothers and a sister and works part-time at Disneyland. During her free time, she can usually be found hanging out with friends, shopping, being at Disneyland, and making flower arrangements. Rivera has a free spirit and has truly impacted The Jag Journal over the last four years.

1.  What is/are your favorite memory(ies) of Segerstrom?

My favorite memory is meeting the friends I have now because we are all so close and have many memories together. One memory is going to Disneyland as a big group and spending the whole day there.

2.  How has your high school experience at Segerstrom shaped your life?

I think my experience as a high school student shaped my life in a good way because I always had someone there for me, whether it was a teacher or my friends, and they helped me to prepare for the future. 

3.  What are your plans after high school graduation?

My plan after graduation is to attend OCC and then transfer to a UC for a degree in Interior Design.

4.  What is one piece of advice you would give to an incoming freshman?

One piece of advice I would give an incoming freshman is to always stay organized and keep your circle small because having a small group of true friends is better than having a big group of fake friends.