Announcements:
  • May 11After School Jags: On May 22nd, there will be an Open Mic and Art Showcase. So sign up today!
  • May 11Flag Football: Open workouts will be hosted in the Jaguar Stadium Monday through Thursday (3:45 - 5pm) until May 23rd.
  • May 11Boy's Soccer: An Informational meeting will be held in C-210, after school on May 21st.
  • May 7Color Guard: Tryouts will be held on May 14th and May 16th from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Student News Site of Segerstrom High School

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Senior Sendoff #Classof2024: Jacob Sandoval

Image courtesy of Jacob Sandoval
Jacob Sandoval, one of our many seniors in Segerstrom News taking a picture with his stylish sunglasses and cap while hes out enjoying life.

Although this is Jacob Sandoval’s first and last year in Journalism, he has been a big part of Segerstrom News. Jacob, a senior, contributed to the program by being an editor for the sport’s section of the website. Jacob really enjoys watching sports and always does well editing the stories he’s presented. Apart from sports, Jacob is very friendly and has a great sense of humor. At first, he may seem introverted, but once you get to know him, you get to know his really funny personality. In his free time, he likes to listen to music and read books. His favorite book is “The Sun Of Neptune” by Rick Riordan and his favorite song is “Strawberry Privilege” by Yves Tumort. Overall, Jacob is just a great person to talk to either casually or personally, as he is a very good listener. After graduating Segerstrom, Jacob plans to attend University of California, Santa Barbara and study for a job in finance. We wish Jacob the best of luck in the future as he has been an amazing member of the journalism program!  

1) What is/are your favorite memory(ies) of Segerstrom?

My favorite memory of Segerstrom is those days in class when I wouldn’t do any work and just talk with my friends.  

2) How has your high school experience at Segerstrom shaped your life?

My high school experience at Segerstrom has shaped my life as it has made me into a completely different person. My freshman year was completely online so going into sophomore year it felt weird to see people I haven’t seen in a year and a half. I went from a shy introverted person to a more talkative and outgoing person throughout the years. 

3) What are your plans after high school graduation?

My plan after high school graduation is to have a fun summer. I have committed to UCSB and plan to attend this fall as a financial mathematics and statistics major. I plan to have a job in finance and retire as soon as possible. 

4) What is one piece of advice you would give to an incoming freshman?

One piece of advice I would give to an incoming freshman is to enjoy your four years of high school because they do fly by. You’ll meet new people and grow with the friends you already have but eventually, everyone will take their own path so cherish it.