Announcements:
  • May 11After School Jags: On May 22nd, there will be an Open Mic and Art Showcase. So sign up today!
  • May 11Flag Football: Open workouts will be hosted in the Jaguar Stadium Monday through Thursday (3:45 - 5pm) until May 23rd.
  • May 11Boy's Soccer: An Informational meeting will be held in C-210, after school on May 21st.
  • May 7Color Guard: Tryouts will be held on May 14th and May 16th from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Student News Site of Segerstrom High School

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

A passionate view of ASB from behind the window

Image courtesy of Joshua Vu
As Bookkeeper, Tasha Correa’s job is to handle Club Finances.

For over a decade, Tasha Correa has been an integral part of Segerstrom. During that time, she has helped provide direction to our Associated Student Body such as coordinating the sales of dances and fundraisers. As some may not know her contributions, she is the hero behind the ASB window.

From clubs and sports to ASB paperwork, Mrs. Correa is the person who oversees our day-to-day financial activities, yet her impact is so much bigger than just Segerstrom. She has been making SAUSD a better place, one school at a time.

“I’ve been working for the district since 2002, I’ve worked for School Police doing fingerprinting. And then I worked at Century, I’ve been all over. And Godinez. And Willard. And then I came here doing Bookkeeping.”

Mrs. Correa has held numerous positions, beginning with SAUSD’s School Police, and years with multiple Discipline Offices. Her liking for working with people would eventually lead her to bookkeeping. While bookkeeping is handling finances and supporting ASB, she always goes beyond her duties.

“She has helped out ASB with a lot of stuff. By managing our money, keeping us in check, fundraising, and stuff,” remarked Tyler Nguyen (12th), the ASB Treasurer and Secretary. “She’s a really cool person, honestly. This is my first year in ASB [a]nd she’s taught me what to do.”

Nguyen has been working hard alongside Mrs. Correa with any ASB economic activity. She keeps ASB efficient while dealing with other responsibilities. It is evident that her dedication here ensures that our finances run smoothly. As a school, we are indebted to Mrs. Correa for her eleven years at Segerstrom.

“She has been in this position for a long time, [and] I really do admire Tasha,” said Desiree Soto (12th), who is the ASB Historian, “[She’s] an unsung hero. And she’s just a sweet person… who does a lot for our school.” When it comes to Desiree and Mrs. Correa, they both have mastered their skills and love what they do.

Throughout the years, Mrs. Correa has gone out of her way to help others. Last year, after an emergency lockdown at Segerstrom, she remained at school to help the front office. With a disoriented school, she answered phone calls and assisted concerned parents. Considerably, there are struggles that come with the job of bookkeeper, but she always enjoys every day here.

“I enjoy working with the kids because I see them young from freshman [year] to when they graduate. And I see how much they’ve changed,” Correa stated. ”And I like jobs and things like that. It’s nice to see that part of it.”

At the end of the day, Mrs. Correa has been here for everyone at Segerstrom. From her work in ASB to being a role model for us all, we owe a lot to her and everything she has done.

“I am always willing to help you. I always would like to help people to do the right things.”