Announcements:
The Student News Site of Segerstrom High School

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

A preview of choir’s Cabaret Night

Image courtesy of Nataly Maquil
With Cabaret Night coming up, Choir rehearses their songs all together in the theater.

On January 19, the Segerstrom Choir will perform a Cabaret Night in the theater. The atmosphere will be filled with various songs and a special teacher performance. The funds made from the event will be going towards their Disney trip in April.

Cabarets are halfway between a concert and a musical theater. Performers will be singing a variety of genres on stage but in a casual environment. The performers either perform with a script or sing one of their favorite songs. The setting would be simple and fun, with just tables and chairs for the choir, while people enjoy the show.

“Imagine it like a nightclub, and anyone can perform any kind of music,” says Choir teacher Ms. Sapp.

Near the end of November, the choir class was motivated to host a Cabaret night. They began preparing after their winter concert, as the Choir had never hosted an event like this. They had to prepare a show consisting of solos of their favorite songs or scripted songs in a group. Ever since, they have dedicated their time and energy to practicing with the choir’s accompanist Mr. J as the event is coming up.

“I’m really excited as we haven’t done something like this before…” replied choir student Yaleily Marquez (12).

As the performance is coming up, the doors will open up at 6:00 P.M., and the show will start at 6:30 and end at 8:30. Food and drinks will be provided before the performance and the audience will get to see solos of different music genres. With the assistance of Mr. J and the hard work of the Choir, the event is expected to be a new and enjoyable experience. There will also be a special teacher performance; Ms. Sapp herself will be on stage to perform a special song. 

“This is a great opportunity for the students to shine as soloists or as a group performance,” Ms. Sapp comments.