Announcements:
  • May 11After School Jags: On May 22nd, there will be an Open Mic and Art Showcase. So sign up today!
  • May 11Flag Football: Open workouts will be hosted in the Jaguar Stadium Monday through Thursday (3:45 - 5pm) until May 23rd.
  • May 11Boy's Soccer: An Informational meeting will be held in C-210, after school on May 21st.
  • May 7Color Guard: Tryouts will be held on May 14th and May 16th from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Student News Site of Segerstrom High School

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Senior Sendoff #Classof2024: Natalie Ramos

Image courtesy of Natalie Ramos
Natalie Ramos is a graduating senior this year, who is taking a selfie in her room.

Ending her senior year as the pollster and a staff writer for the journalism program, Natalie Ramos has been a huge help to Segerstrom News. Many describe her as chill and laid back, very friendly, artsy, and an overall silly person. Natalie has multiple hobbies, including cooking, baking, arts and crafts, and cake decorating. She has also enjoyed listening to music in her free time. We are all going to miss her cakes, but even more, Natalie herself!  

1) What is/are your favorite memory(ies) of Segerstrom?

Joining marching and concert band and playing at all the games/events/concerts, enjoying time with the people I love. 

2) How has your high school experience at Segerstrom shaped your life?

It has made me a bit more open as a person and connected with the school. I have been able to express myself more not only within myself but with others as well.  

3) What are your plans after high school graduation?

My plans after high school are to immediately start my culinary & baking career. I will be attending Culinary Lab, which is a modern culinary school in Orange County. I hope to open a successful restaurant with the skills that will be gained with time and try my best to continue my small business in cake decorating. 

4) What is one piece of advice you would give to an incoming freshman?

Some piece of advice I’d give to the freshman is to not waste your time with the people you don’t picture your future with. Don’t get too caught up in a world that isn’t yours, focus on yourself, and with time you’ll become the best possible version of yourself. And do your best in school, just don’t overwork yourself, you deserve time to distress!