Announcements:
  • May 11After School Jags: On May 22nd, there will be an Open Mic and Art Showcase. So sign up today!
  • May 11Flag Football: Open workouts will be hosted in the Jaguar Stadium Monday through Thursday (3:45 - 5pm) until May 23rd.
  • May 11Boy's Soccer: An Informational meeting will be held in C-210, after school on May 21st.
  • May 7Color Guard: Tryouts will be held on May 14th and May 16th from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Student News Site of Segerstrom High School

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Senior Sendoff #Classof2024: Joshua Vu

Image courtesy of Segerstrom_hec via Instagram
Joshua Vu attending the 100 Student Scholars at the district with his family.

Joshua Vu is the New Editor for Segerstrom New, he’s a senior who will be attending UCI. He’s one of many students who are willing to lend hand when asked for it. Many students and friends go to him for advice or simple questions. He plays video games and reads psychology books & history books in his spare time. He’s a pretty good player at Wordle, Sudoku, and Minesweeper. He will be binge-watching Netflix shows he enjoys or watching YouTube documentaries in the spare time he has for himself. He has been in the ASB Senate for two and a half years.   

1)What is/are your favorite memories of Segerstrom?

Although this is not a proper response, my favorite memory was my senior year with ASB. I may not be in the class, but I am grateful they consider me one of their own. They taught me valuable lessons about myself and were there for me when I needed them the most. They will always be an integral part of my life and I will forever love them for that. 

2)How has your high school experience at Segerstrom shaped your life?

Before entering high school, I was not determined to accomplish anything. I focused on doing my work and keeping my head low. For those who know me, that does not sound like me at all. It was only because of my peers who inspired me to believe in myself. Throughout these four years, I decided to pursue my interests and I left Segerstrom ambitious for the next challenge. 

3)What are your plans after high school graduation?

After graduating high school, I plan to attend UCI as a Psychology major. It’s a passion I have picked up after all my time at Segerstrom. I aspire to pursue a career in psychology; however, I am still debating whether to be involved with cognitive-behavioral therapy or clinical psychiatry. 

4)What is one piece of advice you would give to an incoming freshman?

The greatest advice I would give anyone at Segerstrom is to have no regrets. Of course, this does not mean you should make rash decisions but always do whatever you are sincere about. Whether you are an incoming freshman or an incoming senior, make the most of your time here. As I leave Segerstrom, I know I have enjoyed every second.