Announcements:
  • May 11After School Jags: On May 22nd, there will be an Open Mic and Art Showcase. So sign up today!
  • May 11Flag Football: Open workouts will be hosted in the Jaguar Stadium Monday through Thursday (3:45 - 5pm) until May 23rd.
  • May 11Boy's Soccer: An Informational meeting will be held in C-210, after school on May 21st.
  • May 7Color Guard: Tryouts will be held on May 14th and May 16th from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Student News Site of Segerstrom High School

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Spirit Week review of rivalry basketball game against Godinez

Image courtesy of Melanie Vargas
Segerstrom ASB decorated the A building hallway with posters in accordance with each day’s theme for Spirit Week.

The Segerstrom vs. Godinez High School rivalry game is getting closer as the basketball season progresses, which brings a new spirit week. ASB has organized Segerstrom vs. Godinez rivalry Spirit Week from Tuesday, January 16th to Friday, January 19th. Every day has a different theme that rivals Godinez High School.

On Tuesday, January 16, spirit week kicked off on a cozy note. The theme was “Night- night, Teddiess” in the spirit of Godinez’s school mascot, a Grizzly Bear. Students had the opportunity to dress in their PJs or loungewear. Teachers and staff also participated, dressing in their comfiest pajamas. Students filled the halls dressed in a variety of diverse and patterned PJs.

On Wednesday, January 17, the second day of spirit week, the school transitioned from sleepwear to sports attire. In support of the sports teams at Segerstrom, the theme was “Our Sports Do It Better.” Students were encouraged to wear their favorite teams or their own sports attire. Students represented several of their favorite players and sports including basketball, soccer, and football.

Students wore Godinez’s school colors on Thursday, January 18, for the third day of spirit week, themed “We Wear It Better.” Segerstrom students showed we even wear our rival’s colors better by dressing in gold and black and Godinez merchandise. Students took the chance to show off Godinez’s school colors, turning the campus into an energetic display of rivalry.

Students were prompted to go “Red Out” for the theme on Friday, January 19, as spirit week comes to an end. In support of the boys’ and girls’ rival basketball games against Godinez High School, students were encouraged to wear red. Godinez on the other hand, decked out in black. The game was set to begin at 6:00 pm in the Segerstrom gym. Segerstrom JV girls came out on top against Godinez. Segerstrom varsity girls and boys team fell short against Godinez.