Announcements:
The Student News Site of Segerstrom High School

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

Segerstrom News

ASB announces Met Gala-themed Prom

Image courtesy of Terrance Ross
To announce the Prom theme, ASB’s Class of 2025 created a large banner replicating the style of Vogue magazine.

After the long-awaited suspense, Segerstrom has finally reached Prom season. The ASB Class of 2025 announced that the theme is the Met Gala. As a result, the Prom will take place at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda on May 11th from 7-11 P.M. Following the announcement, there has been a mixed reception on the theme. Many students were excited by the Met Gala theme, while others were confused.

Vogue magazine hosts the Met Gala to help fund the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute. Every May, invited celebrities come to the Met Gala in very flashy, outgoing outfits that follow the specific theme of that year. These elaborate outfits are heavily publicized and discussed across social media. With the theme based on the Met Gala, Promgoers are encouraged to dress their best but not anything too out of the ordinary.

As a Prom theme, the upperclassmen are hopeful to see people go all out with their outfits. Logan Gery (11) shares his thoughts on Prom, “I am very excited to attend this classy event. I am especially excited to see how people will dress because the Met Gala is such a fancy event.”

In addition to the theme, students are also very impressed with the venue. The Nixon Library utilizes its lighting and architecture to create a beautiful venue. Although the Nixon Library is considerably far

ther away, students appreciate the consideration that ASB puts into the theme. The venue highlights the elegance and enchantment that the Met Gala encapsulates.

After previewing the venue online, Alina Canales (11) shares, “I looked up the venue, and I thought it was really nice. I know ASB will do a great job decorating the venue because they always do well.”

On the other hand, some students believe that the Met Gala is overdone. Janice Pham (12) comments, “I think they could have been more creative than just coming up with a mainstream event. I feel very apathetic towards the theme overall because it just feels like a flashier way to say red carpet.”

Despite the theme, Pham acknowledges that the Prom will be a fun event. “I’m honestly just excited for a good time getting dressed up with all of my friends to celebrate our senior prom. Nothing beats experience.”

The last dance of the school year will be a night to remember for all students and staff present. Prom tickets are now on sale at the ASB window and are $105 for students with the ASB sticker and $110 without. These prices increase weekly, but the last day to purchase tickets is May 8th.